Monday, June 15, 2009

keeping it simple

I've taken to drying my hair in the wind at night,
which involves standing in the junction of an almost pitch dark street
and letting the tradewinds blow past me, while looking up and watching out for shooting stars
It is so quiet here that I could hear the sneeze of a neighbor 2 houses down,
rustling coconut tree fronds in the wind as the only background noise

I know that purchasing a hair drier would probably be an easier alternative,
but how poetic would standing in front of a power socket be
while an umbrella of a universe awaited outside as a stage for my makeshift salon

For all the resources spent on building and acquiring homes,
it's refreshing to know that what's outside can be a liberating balance to these consuming shells that keep us warm and dry.

Today the folks at neil pryde kindly let me off with a free day's rental for a mast.
"I feel bad for you using gear that old", the star staff member said, sympathetic of my ill fitting mast base that was wrecking one of my smaller sails.
Whatever the logic there, I was grateful for the favor shown
"Come by again and try the mast again, I'm tearing up the paper work for today's rental."

Grace and kindness in unexpected places is such a pleasant surprise :)

No comments:

Post a Comment