Thursday, May 21, 2009

A pillow in the mail

rock release party, ocean beach
returning all the pebbles I'd ever picked back to the beach

They say what you do in your last moments says something about you. In between errands, I wondered what the things I was packing to ship home said about me.
The oddest things yet, a $15 antique side table from a thrift store and a pillow from IKEA. What if that pillow got discontinued by the time I get home? Horrors! That pillow is coming with me!
In the midst of learning about the qualities of breathable and wicking fabrics,
and being surrounded by packing peanuts and paintings still awaiting homes,
managing craigslist buyers and relentlessly lowering prices of my ad postings in a depressed market,
1:13am on a morning exactly a week from my departure,
brings with it a peace that confirms my suspicions
that life is crazy...
... crazy beautiful

No comments:

Post a Comment