Thursday, March 5, 2009

Acceptance

"it's cool to have mismatched clothing, it makes for better photos"
The sales associate said as
she handed me the remnant 'xs' pieces from the sale rack
This is going to be good, as I imagined the orange storm jacket joining a random array of hand-me-down bright olive pants from Kim and other discount goodies.
"besides, if you get lost, they can find you more easily," she smiled.

Yesterday I finally embraced the fact that I had been laid off...
and ran with it.
scrambling down cliffs of sand by ocean
in sunshine on a bright Wednesday afternoon
dreaming up a future without my right arm constantly on a mouse
or my back constantly in pain
I don't think I've ever been this excited or happy in my career
than knowing that this is a great time to re-engineer life
now that former constraints have all dissolved

So today I ditched the cooperate garb mentality
and walked out again in the sunshine, this time in bright olive pants
and loving every second of it.

This is not going to be good,
this is going to be great.

3 comments:

  1. YES!

    If your experience is anything like mine, you will see that it is like cutting off the deadwood so that the new life can THRIVE!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Phoenixes (if there is a plural for them) revive themselves when they burn into ashes...
    I am happy for you! Come by anytime and I will buy you prata and milo dinosaur... ;)

    Lots of love xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Jack, you have great that sounds right now, to have friends welcoming you back home... sure beats "Tamade" Tamales in SF.

    ReplyDelete